One of the 20 Safest Banks in the World
Australia’s First Bank
Today, we continue to lead the way in the banking and corporate sectors, as evidenced by:
- First. Westpac was Australia’s first bank and first company. Established in 1817, Westpac has a proud banking heritage, stretching over 200 years
- AA- rated1. Westpac is recognised as one of the 20 Safest Banks in the World by Global Finance Magazine2
- No. 1 Australian Bank for FX Globally3
- 36,000 employees
- 12 million customers
- No. 1 Ranked as Australia's most sustainable bank and #2 of all banks assessed globally4.
This strength means that clients within or across Asia can be assured of financial security, a depth of relationship and the support of specialist personnel.
Things you should know
1. Standard & Poor’s long term issuer rating. Current as at 31 March 2016.
2. Global Finance Magazine’s World’s Safest Banks List 2015. Ranking based on evaluation of credit rating from sample of 500 banks worldwide.
3. Euromoney FX Poll 2015. Measure of market share from 3,794 FX industry votes.
4. Ranked #1 in Australia and #2 of all banks assessed globally in the 2017 Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI). We have a long history of sustainability leadership, having achieved the global banking sector leadership position ten times since the Index was first established in 1999.